What is in my camera bag, whenever I travel and shoot travel photos or portrait photos, People always ask me what equipment I used to make it possible. I will let you know what I use and what I want to use in future. I can just suggest you if you are a photographer, please think what you need before you start packing.
I think most of the time your basic set of equipment will be there in the bag like I always place. You can now think about some special equipment which will help you with the shooting.
I will let you know before we start that I am working as a professional photographer for a long time so I carry more equipment than when I started with photography.
I can cover some budget cameras for your need in future blogs. As a traveling photographer, you don’t need a lot of extra equipment. Extra equipment will give you a hard time while traveling.
My Travel Camera Bag
Canon 5d Mark III – Main Camera Body (Past)
I had before Nikon 3100 an entry-level camera. I used that camera to learn photography, then when I was more comfortable, I choose to buy myself Canon 5d Mark III. I used this camera a lot, and I got some fantastic results these past years. Finally December 2019, I sold my Canon 5d Mark III to move a bit further in life, and right now, I am without a camera (Because Covid-19 happened).
I came a long way from Nikon 3100 to Canon 5d Mark III, and now time to update myself with the time, so I choose Sony A7R IV to be my next Main Camera Body. Sony will be the 3rd Company I will switch in my photography life. I will place this in my camera bag for sure.
As a travel photographer, you need a compact body for your camera so you can move with the camera fast. Sony came with a mirrorless full-frame camera, and I was amazed at the full-frame size and the quality of the photos.
The Lenses in My Travel Camera Bag
I am waiting for Covid-19 pandemic to go away from our life. I will go for some of the lenses. Here is my selection of lens what I will buy one by one as they are expansive.
About this item
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- F1.8 maximum aperture that enables beautiful defocusing effects.
- 50mm is one of the lenses you will find in my camera bag.
About this item
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture
- 85mm circular aperture will create beautiful round defocused bokeh for your portrait photos
- ED glass element will help you for corner-to-corner sharpness
About this item
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh; Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field. Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and parfocal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus.
- That’s the perfect combination of the lens I can have. I would love to have this all in my camera bag.
5.7K panoramic video + 4K 60fps wide-angle lens, Very great camera for 360 photos and videos.
- Recording video with a resolution of 5,760 x 2,80 pixels and 30 fps
- Excellent video stabilization – indispensable for sports activities
- Cinematic Slow-Mo and Time Shift mode allows for time-delay or accelerated video recording after completion
- 360° live video streams
Also Read : 360 PHOTOS MY NEW LOVE – NOMADVINEET
GoPro is a fantastic company with a tremendous product to show your followers your part of the adventure. I am using Gopro for a long time. My first GoPro was Gopro4 Black. I think GoPro is a must-have camera in your travel bag. GoPro will give you a chance also to vlog if you want, as I do.
GoPro is waterproof and gives you an advantage if you are going to the beach, and then you can take some lovely photos.
As I travel around the world, GoPro is a very nice option because I can use this for Biking, Hiking, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving (Still Learning), Vlogs.
Okie Friends! I do vlogging, and I spend money over my setup for vlogging, and my camera is a GoPro hero 7.
You will always find GoPro in my camera bag.
GoPro is not only about the camera. You have to have some accessories with GoPro to get lovely images or videos.
Here are my Gopro Accessories-
- Now meet your different sporting needs with this cool set of mounts & accessories from Robustrion for your GoPro Hero 7
- other action cameras, allowing you to create exciting & breathtaking moments. You can take it whenever or wherever you are, while diving, swimming, climbing, riding a bicycle, skiing, or doing other adventure sports.
External Microphones in My Travel Camera Bag
I am sure everyone experienced sooner or later that internal microphones on cameras are not acceptable. I always wonder why all the companies suck when it comes to the inbuilt microphone.
RØDE VideoMic Micro is the perfect microphone, and I loved it so much as it gave you professional quilty. Audio is 50% of your video, and it is hard to connect with your audience. Period
- Compact size and lightweight
- All-metal microphone body
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power – minimum 3V)
- Deluxe furry windshield included
RØDE VideoMic Micro a perfect Microphone in my camera bag.
If you are a photographer or traveler, you must hear about Joby Gorillapod, as this is one of the items most photographers carry while traveling. It is hard to travel with a full-size tripod while traveling, so I prefer Joby Gorillapod.
If you want to get amazing pictures under the water, GoPro Dome is all you need. I watched Pinterest, and I saw these fantastic pictures half under the water and half over the water, and I was like, wow!
- 3-in-1 system allows both red+macro, red only, and macro only shooting options
- 5X magnification macro lens, perfect for razor-sharp close-ups
- includes: Red Filter, Magenta Filter, Macro Lens, and Storage Case
Your mobile is your most significant friend when it comes to travel. You are with your mobile all the time. I have a Samsung S10 Plus, and it is incredible. I love what my mobile can do—most of the time on my Instagram.
I use pictures to shoot with my mobile. I can just say that you become a good friend with your phone & learn everything about your mobile camera.
- Triple rear camera setup: 16MP with f2.2 aperture ultra-wide + 12MP with f1.5 and f2.4 aperture wide + 12MP f2.4 tele| Dual front camera setup – 10MP f1.9 Main + 8MP f2.2 live focus
The backbone of every piece of equipment is your camera bag. Choose the right gear that will help you place everything that you need when you go for a shooting. LowePro is the best camera backpack company, and they are good with a lot of options. You can choose the camera bag according to your need.
As you will travel, you need a comfortable backpack for your back. Weather is a big concern while traveling, and your equipment costs a lot, then Lowepro is the best option because the bags are weatherproof.
I don’t want to be selective over the backpack, so I can say that you have to buy a bag according to your need. My LowePro bag also has a laptop pocket, and it makes a big difference for my traveling.
Memory Cards in My Travel Camera Bag
When you are shooting with Full frame camera, then your Raw Option can capture large files, I mean huge files. I use a fast memory card. That’s why buy Sandisk Memory card since I started photography. It never let me down. Close your eyes and buy Sandisk. I use SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card.
Everyone needs extra batteries & it can be a terrible experience running out the battery when you are traveling somewhere exciting.
I always get three batteries minimum for my Main Camera, 2 for my GoPro, 1 Battery backpack for my mobile.
Portable Hard Drives in My Travel Camera Bag
The camera rain cover is small, and I always place this in my camera bag.
Camera Cleaning & Maintenance
I think you will encounter your camera lens dirty sooner or later, especially while traveling. It will give you a hard time while you travel and can be bad for your photos. Microfiber lens cloths can solve this problem.
When I have more than one lens, I change it while working. Dust will make the way inside. Air Blower will help you to remove the Dust as it works as a magnet for Dust.
- Large black Air Blaster easily removes dust and debris from cameras, lenses, and filters with a powerful blast of air. Made of rubber. Includes a one-way valve to prevent Blaster from breathing in dust and spreading it back to your equipment
- An excellent way to remove Dust off sensitive camera parts without physical contact
- Environmentally friendly & non-toxic
- Made of high-quality Rubber & Plastic
- Ergonomic design, easy to grip, feel better